Monday, July 4, 2011

Productive

Yesterday, I had the most amazing time with my children.  I had a small family BBQ to celebrate how great they did in school this year. 

When you are preparing for a BBQ, or small get together there are a hundred small things to do.  I was happy to do them all, from food prep to water balloons to decorating to involving my children so they felt it was about them. 

It was all worth it, everyone enjoyed themselves.  Good simple food, 2 water fights (I found out I can still hop a fence and run fast when someone is chasing me), and great conversation. 

This morning I woke up and it was difficult to get out of bed.  I knew that it would catch up to me, but I still have things to do, and still want to accomplish certain tasks for the day, especially before the kids wake up.

I have uploaded pictures, I have emailed numerous people, assisted family members, and worked on research for things I want to start.  I have accomplished more than I thought in two  hours, and am very proud of myself.

Whether you accomplish one or two things, just do it.  We can always use the excuse I hurt, or I am tired, or I need to rest.  Fight the feeling, there are better days than others, use those days, and do something you want to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment