Friday, February 4, 2011

Trust Yourself

Fibromyalgia affects all parts of your body and can make your body do things it wouldn't normally do.  One of the things that has affected me is Candida.  I have been hospitalized twice and two surgeries from it.  One time I had to go to three separate hospitals before a doctor would not dismiss me and just say it was Fibro.
After the surgery, I finally said the doctors haven't been able to help and I am going to take things into my own hands.  I found the most common item that kept coming up in my research was Yogurt, more specific Yogurt with Probiotics. 
Yogurt, I hate the taste and thought I would never be purchasing it on a weekly basis.  I know it is healthy and provides calcium which every woman needs, but that's not why I buy it.  Eating yogurt actually worked better than one of the medications the doctors prescribed.

Candida Albicans is a yeast that occurs naturally in the human body. Normally it lives in harmony with a variety of other microorganisms and actually performs a couple important functions.  The problem occurs when something upsets the balance of bacteria in the body and this allows the yeast organism to proliferate and take over all the healthy microorganisms.

There are many symptoms that come with this and it DOES NOT just affect women, men have symptoms as well.  Some of the symptoms are;

SymptomsMore detail
ABDOMINAL PAINSometimes confused with IBS
FATIGUEYou struggle to get up in the mornings
BLOATING, GAS, INDIGESTIONSometimes confused with IBS
ORAL THRUSHSometimes appears as white film on the tongue
JOINT PAINSometimes confused with arthritis
WEIGHT GAINCan appear to be very resistant to dieting
FUNGUSOn your fingernails, or athlete's foot
CONFUSION, DIZZINESSYou struggle to keep up with life
URINARY INFECTIONSInfections that aren't helped by antibiotics
RED, ITCHY EYESYou can't find eye remedies that help
RASHES AND ITCHINGCaused by the yeast infection
DEPRESSION, MOOD SWINGSOccur randomly and without warning
CRAVINGSFor alcohol, bread and sweets
WHITE COATING ON TONGUEOften in the morning
ACNEAnd other skin problems like eczema


A few of the symptoms are similar to Fibromyalgia and can worsen your Fibro symptoms. 
 Is Yogurt the cure?  No, not at all.  I still have some problems, but the Yogurt has had more benefits than any other medication that the doctors have put me on.  A natural substance over a chemical substance.  When they spoke to the doctors they were all very dismissive "Oh yes, that helps as well".


There is a Candida diet, very similar to the Fibromyalgia diet.  Basically  no sugars, no processed food, and as natural and organic as possible, I know no fun. 


What is my point?  I have two. 


The first, trust yourself.  I have two friends who were diagnosed with Fibro, mainly because the doctors just did not want to deal with them anymore and didn't believe it was Fibro.  After speaking with me, they went into the doctors and found out that they had Candida.  Please do not take what the doctors say as the word of god.  Doctors are wrong, doctors are not always helpful, doctors make mistakes.  Only you know your body and only you know for sure if what the doctor is saying and prescribing is working.  If it isn't speak up, don't be afraid, only you can fully fight for yourself.


Secondly, natural over chemical.  Medicine is not a bad thing or a four letter word.  Medicine can do wonders for some, but the same medicine can be a detriment for others.  Taking a chemical also has long term effects that doctors do not tell you.  However, if you can take something that is natural and works the same as a chemical please take the natural.  The key I have found is to find the holistic and science side and combine them.  Find what works for you, without putting your body through the ringer.


YOU MUST TRUST YOURSELF, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS YOU.  QUESTION DOCTORS, AND RESEARCH

No comments:

Post a Comment