Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Hate It, But It WORKS

First off, sorry everyone for not writing in the last few days, and thank you for all the emails I received much appreciated.  All is fine...had some sick kids who were in need of mommy.

Well Doctors tell us to do it, and it is the only remedy or helpful remedy that is recommended for Fibromyalgia.  Exercise.  Everyone who has Fibro and has been told exercise, scoffs and thinks "You want me to exercise when I am in this much pain".  I have been one of those people, but after gaining way too much weight and my son telling me "Mommy you are fat", it was time to do something for it.  Although my reasoning for starting the exercise was not necessarily the correct one, the reason why I continue is.  The exercise does help.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate going.  I especially hated it when I had to take it so slow at first, because our bodies do not adapt like a person who does not have Fibro.  However, after a week or so, I noticed that I had more energy.  I had an extra hour in the day before I wanted to collapse.  As time has gone on I have noticed other benefits, easier to get up in the morning, pain is still there but not as great, more manageable, able to do more things with the kids, overall better mood, and the best thing of all, I now love my ass, I am infatuated with it now.  Yes I know I am vain.

Anyone who looks at me weird, laughs, or says I do not have Fibro because I am suggesting this, but exercise.   It does help a great deal.  When I started I was lucky to be able to do 10mins without coming home and collapsing, I am now up to 90mins, feeling great and training for a 5k. 

The exercise will make your body look amazing, easier to move, and you will feel more confident. 

Talk to you all tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! You are up to 90 minutes already. Confidence is underrated, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to work at Curves an I agree exercise does work as long as you take it easy. My problem was I have to bad knees and it makes it to hard to exercise anymore. But for those who can just take it slow, it does help!

    ReplyDelete