Monday, March 28, 2011

Truly Blessed

We are truly blessed.

For the last week and a half, I have been at my grandmothers almost everyday.  My grandmother is one of two women who have been my only role models and inspirations in my life as I was growing up.  She is strong, independent, caring, loving, witty, and of course stubborn.  She was diagnosed with multiple types of cancer and very little time to live.

This woman has taken the news with grace, courage, and serenity.  I sit beside her and think how lucky I am to be who I am, and have what I have. 

She has only worried about others, and not herself.  A lesson to be learned by all.

I have Fibro, Chronic Pain and many other things wrong with me.  This woman has been diagnosed with Cancer, once again, with a terminal prognosis and is at peace with it.  I have nothing to say but thank you, I only have Chronic Pain, and I get the wonderful privilege to see my children grow up, and years with my family and friends.

With everyday that you wake up, with every pain, with every challenge, please take it with courage, grace, and serenity. 

Remember there is always someone who has it worse than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment