Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What Do You Do?

We have Fibromyalgia/Chronic Pain.  We have all complained until we are blue in the face.  We have sat on the couch watching horrible TV as we get wider, although at times very fun and necessary.  We have yelled, questioned, and laughed at Doctors.  We have done everything negative that is possible.

What do you do for the Fibro cause?

I did absolutely nothing.  I sat and complained Doctors dont believe me, or have called it the housewives disease, and research is minimal because it isn't a big famous disease.  Where does this get us, get me?  Nowhere.  It doesnt benefit me, you, others, the disease in a positive way. 

What do you do?  Then come the overwhelming feeling.  What do I want to contribute?  How do I start?  How do I get the word out?  What if it doesnt work?  Do I have the energy for it? 

Think how good you will feel, fighting the disease, the Fibro, the pain, instead of letting it just take over you.  Yes we fight it everyday we are alive, but lets take it to the next level. 

I am not just going to preach and not follow my own sermon.  I am going to think tonight about what I would like to do, I already have ideas, and let you in tomorrow. 

I challenge all of you to think of one thing that you can do, no matter how small you may think it is, it is important.  A 100 people doing one small action will have a bigger impact than one person doing one big action. 

Talk to you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment