Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Am I Turning Into An Idiot?

When you are diagnosed with anything, whether it is as simple as having a sty, or what I have Fibromyalgia, one of the first things you do is research what can start to happen.  One of the things I came across is Fibro Fog.  I didn't realize it meant that I was going to be a bumbling idiot on certain days.

Is it just me?

There are days that I forget everything, my phone, my wallet, keys, anything that I am suppossed to have with me.  I have spoken to doctors and they suggest writing lists.  I have tried it, and it works if you remember to bring the lists with you.  My daughter actually wrote a list and taped it to the door of things that I forget on a regular basis.  I went to an award ceremony for both of my children and I placed the camera by my phone so that I would not forget it, guess what I forgot both.  That was the second time that day I had forgotten something. 

Forgetting items at home, although annoying I can laugh off.  What irks me is when I forget words, train of thought, or what I am doing.  I have been in middle of conversations and forgotten simple words such as, spoon, teach, making the bed.  When I am looking at whoever I am speaking to and have to pause because I have forgotten a word, I feel so foolish.  Everyone gets distracted and forgets what they were suppossed to do or what the point of their story is, when it happens multiple times a day, then what do you do?  I used to be able to carry on a conversation with wit and intelligence, now I am lucky if I can carry a conversation with remembering all the words. 

What do you do? 

I have chosen to laugh it off.  However, I wish someone would have explained to me that I was going to be an absolute idiot at times.

1 comment:

  1. I do all of this quite often! live with post it notes and lists and even then forget my lists sometimes ...and lose my train of thought while speaking but not while writng...I find that very weird...

    ReplyDelete