Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yes I Am Foolish

Well I am completely foolish, an idiot, lack of a brain.  You name it, I deserve it.

I have been exercising, eating healthy, not pushing myself too much, and feeling fabulous.  Well fabulous for a person with Fibro.  

Last night I was sitting with the kids and a friend watching a movie, when my lovely friend decided to order Chinese food from a place that I absolutely love the Vegetarian Spring Rolls.  Everything is homemade with this Spring Roll.  I held my tongue when the initial order was placed, however when they called back to order two Egg Rolls for themselves, all of a sudden I said a Spring Roll please.

That Spring was delicious I ate the thing, which is bigger than my hand, it is a huge Spring Roll.  I ate it within minutes.  I was sitting back thinking once in awhile wont kill me.  Then it happened. 

THE PAIN.  THE ACHES.  THE SICK TO MY STOMACH FEELING.  THE HEADACHE.  THE BURNING.

It all happened in less than 10 minutes.  Today I had more trouble waking up thank I have had in months.  Limping, pain that is not tolerable. 

I know I brought it on myself, and I know I have no one to blame but myself.  Right now I am going to sound like a two year old.  IT IS NOT FAIR, I WANT TO EAT IT.

Looking on the positive side.  It does reinforce and give me a new re found confidence in what I have been practicing.  Exercising, eating healthy, and do not push myself too  much.  Yes Doctors I owe you an "You Were Right".  This regime does help with the pain, it may not omit it, but it does make it less than it is when I do not practice the "good for you habits".

I know I will make the same mistake again, and I know I will kick myself again.  However, sometimes you just don't think, I didn't last night, and I am paying for it. 

I will say the same thing I tell my kids,

IF YOU DO SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW WILL BRING A CONSEQUENCE, MAKE SURE IT IS WORTH IT TO YOU.  YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF.

Still deciding if it was worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment