Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Do You Do? Part 2

What Do You Do?  Part 2 

Yes it rhymes, sorry it wasn't meant to, even though it did make me smile.  Yes little things amuse little minds.

Did you have any ideas?  I have and have done some research on a few of my ideas, so let me share.   These are just my ideas, if you don't like them, tell me.  Don't think I expect you to follow my ideas as well.  If you offer one person with Fibromyalgia a kind word, or volunteer at an organization for a hour, you have done something.  Now enough of that, ideas.

1.  Start two support groups.  The first a support group for those with Fibromyalgia, but put a spin on it.  The majority of support groups offer seminars, speakers, information and information is power.  However I want to start an active support group.  A group where an activity is planned, allowing the people with Fibro to have support from others like them, as well as getting the benefit of exercise.

The second support group will be for those around us.  Our family, friends, children.  Offering them a place to speak to eachother, rant, complain, and get it all out without having the guilt of saying it to us.  Especially for the children whose parents or siblings have it, and the parents who have a child with Fibro

2.  Either this year (although that is very, very optimistic) start a 5k run for those with Fibro.  Proceeds going to research, actual research for the cause and even maybe the cure for Fibro.  I figure I am training to run a 5k why not get some good out of it as well.

3.  There are over 6 million people who suffer from Fibromyalgia, a least diagnosed with Fibro in Canada and the US alone, the number worldwide is unknown.  What if every person with Fibro donated one dollar to a research group of their own choice.  The amount of money collectively donated would do wonders for research.  We all think our little amount will not do a thing, but if all of our little amounts are donated then it would do unthinkable things.

Those are my ideas....Let me know yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment