Monday, January 10, 2011

Embarrassed or Ticked Off?

Walking my kids to school this morning.  And after the weekends snow play, I needed a little assistance with balance and walking, so I have the wonderful pleasure of using my cane.  Nothing like using a cane with snow and ice, you have to be very coordinated, which on a good day I'm not.  I am the person who falls up the stairs, or walks into a wall on a daily basis.

Im walking up the path, that is covered with ice and snow, and guess what I had the fun experience of falling on my hip.  My kids both ran to me and said "Mommy, mommy are you okay?"  I answered "Yes mommy just slipped and fell".  That was not what ticked me off, there were no less than 5 adults who walked by, looked at me, and then kept walking.  No asking if I am okay, no asking if they could help.  That ticked me off. 

Obviously it hurt, I have a nice black and purple bruise now, but I laughed when I got up, and thought again I fell.  After I saw my children inside, I started to think, how rude are people now.  I stop and help anyone who seems to need it.  You see someone walking with a cane, fall do you not at least stop and ask are you okay? 

So I am sure most have had an experience where common courtesy was not given.  In this situation would you be ticked off or embarrassed.

Laugh lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment