Sunday, January 9, 2011

Worth The Pain

I did it, I played with my kids this weekend, both days, in the wonderfully cold snow.  The pain, exhaustion, and lack of brain function I felt afterwards was completly worth it.

Snowballs, igloos, and just plan having fun.  Pretending I am a snow dinosaur with a child on my back, and on a good day before I had Fibro, a 50 pound child on your back, you on your knees on the snow for 20 mins racing around is hard enough.  With Fibro it is umimaginable.  The laughs, the giggling and the "GO FASTER MOMMY" wouldnt let me stop, it made the pain manageable. 

I will never regret the pain I feel right now, the pain I felt when I laid down and felt the hips start to throb.  It was the best day I have had in a long while.  Next weekend it is sledding, the weekend that follows a trip to Ottawa for snow tubing, skating on the canal (if it is open) and just plain fun.  The weekend after that, bed and couch, with heating pads everywhere, and if needed a good rub down (still trying to find someone who is a miracle worker like the lady in Washington, my god she was amazing).

Tell me how guilty do you feel when you have to say no to someone you love, is it only me who feels an overwhelming guilt.

Do me a favour pick one thing you want to do a month, one thing, and do it.  Ten years from now, twenty years, thirty  years from now do you want to say you didnt do it cause the pain ran your life, or do you want to say yes you did do it with the pain, and you still conquered and lived your life, maybe not the way you wanted to, but in a new and better way.

Laugh lots

No comments:

Post a Comment