Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mack Truck

Everyone has had those days that never end.  From morning to night you dont sit down, nobody you deal with has common sense, what should take 5mins, takes a hour.  Why is this.  I had the plan I am going to rest.  Was run ragged during the holidays, had a full on Fibro attack.  And if you dont  have chronic pain you will NEVER understand this.  You may have sympathy or compassion but please dont say I UNDERSTAND, we just think you are an idiot, we may not say it, but we think it.  So I say fine going to rest, kids back to school can get 6 full hours in of rest, no interruptions.  Well I was stupid to even think that was going to happen.  Had to drive people, pick up keys, run around for errands that all of sudden had to be done now for family members who are out of the country, help my best friend with his car.  This was the final straw, had to take two kids downtown on a train, where my son then lost his stuffed animal and I had to go searching for.  However, I did have a bit of luck here it was in the first place I looked, thank god and if you dont believe in god, thank you science, zeus, aliens or whoever you want to choose.  I felt the pain creeping up, and creeping up.  I sat down for the first time for at 10:30pm (I started at 6:30am).  When I sat down the mack truck hit me, fully.  And I have actually been hit by a Transport Truck, I would have taken that again. 

My first thought after a few curse words, was there goes my positivity and saying this is part of my life.  Then my son came down and gave me the biggest hug and said "Mommy thank you, you are the best".  and I forgot everything.  This 30 seconds with my son made it all worth while, all of it.  I realized that with all the running around, I still laughed with my children, I still had an adventure (wanted or not), and despite all the pain it was a much better day than sitting on the couch watching YOU ARE MY BABYS DADDY on Maury Pauvich. 

Now for all those people who do not have Fibro, this does not mean the person you know, the family member you have who does live with Fibro can do this everyday.  They still need to rest, and I need to rest if I have another day like that I know I will have a full on attack again, and the full on attacks make you wish to give labour without the pain killers than be in the pain you have.  But the key is despite the pain, look at the good in the day, when you are in so much pain on a daily basis you forget to concentrate on anything but that.  Just look at the good in the day. 

Talk to you all soon, going to go rest and watch some horrible daytime tv.

Laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment