Thursday, January 13, 2011

I had a fine moment Tuesday.  I spilt boiling soup on two of my fingers.  After screaming "bloody hell", my children came up terrified.  My kids know that mommy has bad and good days, and they dread the bad days, as my son worries non stop and my daughter gets scared. 

It was a simple accident, a bad burn, but a simple accident that happens all the time.  But it reminded me that my children have been affected by my Fibromyalgia, and they have had to deal with situations that a child should never have to deal with. 

I believe in being honest with children, they are smarter than anyone thinks or likes to believe, and they can tell when something is not right.  I have sat down and explained Fibro to them, and when I have an attack that it does pass.  All the facts and all the explanations will never put their fears, or emotions aside.  When mommy is in such pain that she cant move, or has to use a can, is too tired to do anything, or falls because her balance is off for a second, it will worry a child.  This is even worse when you are single, you dont have the option to hide in your room, you still have to take care of the kids, which means they would see more than most.

What do you do?  What can you do to put a childs mind to rest? 

The guilt I feel that  my Fibro has affected my children to such a degree. 

Laugh Lots

Let me know what you do to help your children understand

No comments:

Post a Comment