Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sympathy

Logically I understand that people who do not have chronic pain do not understand what I or others go through on a daily basis, mentally or physically.  They have a certain amount of  compassion, sympathy but when your family member, or best friend come to you with a cough or sore throat or even a flu do you have sympathy for them?  I dont.

Dont get me wrong, I will take care of you, I will make homemade soup, I will make sure you always have kleenex and gingerale.  Whatever you want I will do to make you feel better.  But the lack of sympathy or compassion I have for people, sorry adults (my kids always have my heart and any compassion, sympathy they want) is a little disturbing to me.

I just went through the lovely experience where everyone in my family was sick, from my kids to my sis in law to my  mom.  During this time I had a full on Fibro attack which lasted a few days.  Two days after my mother came to me and said "I just cant function, I am coughing, my throat is sore, and I feel weak".  The first thing I thought "was are you kidding me?"  Then I got the crackers, gingerale, kleenex, tylenol for her, and did everything for her that she asked.  After a few days of complaining from my mom, my sis in law started in on me.  I finally had it and said to my mother "I dont want to sound mean, but do you know what I go through on a daily basis and you have a cold for a few days and you want me to have sympathy sorry I dont.  I will take care of you, happily and without complaint.  But please dont expect me to have such sympathy for a cold." 

So am I a cold heartless b***h?  Let me know your thoughts.

Laugh lots

please stay tuned, embarrasing events which everyone laughs at...

No comments:

Post a Comment